Friday, September 11, 2015

I Made It, Dammit!

A thought for the day:
At times (not often now, but earlier in life, before finding) I and other adoptees may sink into self-pity declaring, "I didn't ask to be born."
For that matter, any one born can easily use this as a reason to be mad at their life, their circumstances any day of the week; adoptees don't have the monopoly on this depressing and faulty logic.
My pastor shared this on Sunday, "You fought to get here. Out of all the sperm cells that made its way to the egg, YOU are the one who made it. So you DID fight to live and to get here." 
This accurate word encouraged me deeply. I smiled with inner joy!  The act of fighting for my own life from the beginning empowers me to continue the fight and to stop the self-pity talk that springs up when it does.
We hear and share the injustice of our lives (which is true enough), but this preceding truth empowers me beyond the defeated and pessimistic viewpoint that Self-Pity likes to voice over and over.
I am free to be happy! I made it, dammit. smile emoticon


Photo credit: from the Live Science article, Sexy Swimmers: 7 Facts About Sperm http://www.livescience.com/23845-sexy-swimmers-sperm-facts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment